Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Dark Side


i have fallen into the grasp of the darkside. i bought a digital SLR last week and it arrived at my doorstep today. I don't really know what to do with it yet. I know I want to do some documentary photography with it. It also has about a 500 page instruction manual that I probibally won't read. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I got the camera, it was a smoking deal, and I can't wait to get nasty with the bugger.

My next photo purchase is going to be one of these bad boys. I have been researching 4x5 press cameras for a long time, and the Busch Pressman model C is an over looked gem. Everyone just wants a Speed Graphics, but not me I want one of these. Full tilt, rotating back, and it weighs about 20 pounds. What more could you want in a camera?

2 comments:

TimWard said...

I just remember Bart always getting new camera gear and he'd be sitting in a room full of people every day for weeks trying to read the entire manual! good memory.

Jamie Larson said...

Screw digital man. You might as well quit life right now. Oh and you shouldn't even touch 4x5 if you aren't gonna buy a "Graphy." Come to think of it just quit taking photos all together. It might solve a lot of your problems.