Monday, January 18, 2010

MOVE IT!!!

My New Years resolution this year was to close my accounts @ Bank of America. Tomorrow I am closing them up and moving my money over to a local credit union. I'm pretty sure B of A will not miss my tiny pile of money, but that is not the point. I 100% do not want any of my money going to these "too big to fail" CEO's bonuses, or going into credit default swaps. If you are a customer of a "too big to fail" bank then you are willfully supporting their shady practices. It is all about being part of the solution, not the problem. Rather than sit around and bitch about the problems with those that govern us, we all can be responsible individually for what we support with our money, votes, and time. Change has always come from the bottom up, never from the top down.

So if you are reading this and you have your money in a "too big to fail" bank move your money to a local credit union, or don't. I am not writing this to tell others what to do, but if you choose to bank with the "too big to fails" you are casting your vote of support to the greedy people and practices that have cause the financial mess we are in. As someone who lives in 2 different states for parts of the year, and travels a lot I know it is way easier to bank with a large bank that has branches everywhere. I hope you care more about your local community then you enjoy ease of banking at a bank with tons of branches.

"Each time a man stands for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." - Robert F. Kennedy




1 comment:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

I did that a few years ago-desert schools.