Saturday, January 22, 2011

Attraction to others



In no way am I a fashion orientated photographer, nor do I really even shoot many actual people (even though I am going to try to more) but I am a fan of this little film about Scott Schumann and his super famous street fashion blog The Sartorialist. I like his history of simply picking a camera up and not being bogged down with the technical aspects of the medium, then taking that tool and build your knowledge around what you actually do. The idea of using a camera as a antenna to relate and react to who and what the world puts in front of us is a very romantic view of photography. Going out and falling in love a little bit every day.

1 comment:

Erik said...

i guess i need to follow your blog more vigorously. i just came across this video today on a different site and i also enjoyed it. definitely an inspiration.